Saturday, September 20, 2008

Biarritz

July 24, 2008
In an effort to find some sun and a beach we decided to head to southern France for a weekend getaway. We found that the cheapest place to go was to St. Jean-de-Luz/Biarritz on the night train. The train was actually supposed to be a party train but ended up only having two cars with loud music and games. It wasn't much of party, since there were maybe 50 people on the whole train! We had a good time and the weekend was nice and relaxing!


Chris had been wanting to go camping all summer, so we finally decided that this was the trip to go camping (after much wailing and gnashing of teeth I finally agreed on this). I enjoy camping, I just don't consider Europe's version of camping real camping. You have to actually pay for a tiny piece of lawn! It cost almost as much as a cheap hotel! Then you are surrounded by other campers that are on the next piece of lawn.

In the end it worked out well, except for the night when our tent almost blew away around midnight. We ended up moving our whole tent in between two campers. We moved our tent back to our old spot early in the morning before anyone would notice.


CAMPING???? I don't think so.....


Another reason why I did not want to go camping was because I didn't won't to haul a bunch of camping gear on the train. So I made Chris carry it :)


St. Jean de Luz


The Biarritz Catherdral.


Our night train back to Paris, that was supposed to leave at 11 p.m. ended up being late. It didn't come til 2 a.m. So we camped out in the station. We actually considered blowing up our air mattress, but figured that it would be kind of hard to get it on the train quickly.

1 comment:

Lowry Lowdown said...

Nice shirt Chris!
It is nice to finally hear and see all of your adventures!- Karen

Hope it was fun with mom and dad!