Last year we missed seeing the Tour de France by a couple of days, so this year we made sure not to miss it! The U.S. Embassy decided to open its old building up to all embassy personnel for viewing the end of the race. It just so happens to be an awesome location, allowing us to be right in the center of the action. We were on the third floor of the building, looking out from the balconies. It was nice because we didn’t have to fight the crowd.

Place de la Concorde

Chipotle is my favorite restaurant in the States. A couple of weeks before the Tour de France I was talking to my little sister, Lexi on the phone. She was really excited to let me know that she had just been to Chipotle that day and there were signs everywhere saying that Chipotle was coming to France! I wanted to believe her but was skeptical because a restaurant like Chipotle would never survive in Europe. But I still had the little glimmer of hope, so I decided to look it up online. Sure enough Lexi was right; Chipotle was coming to France…as a sponsor for the Tour de France! Although it didn’t satisfy my craving for a humungous burrito I took a picture of the sponsor car during the race. It was a comfort to know that I had a fellow Chipotle lover in close proximity!

Before the cyclists came by, there was a parade with floats and dancing. This was the Etap float.
It was bright out...
1 comment:
Wow! You guys have done so many neat things while in France! Richard and I love looking at your blog and seeing what cool opportunities you have had. We recently moved to Las Vegas! So when you get back to the US and the traveling bug is still hitting you there's always cheap flights to the City of Sin!
Post a Comment