Sunday, December 14, 2008

Turkey days...

I’ve always been a “more is better” type of a guy, so in the absence of a Turkey day in America, we ended up having FOUR fat family-friendly feasts in France.

Thanksgiving #1 was put on by the Franco-American club at my school on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Britt decided to rest up for our meals later in the week, so I supplied the bisquick biscuits (which went QUITE fast, I might add). For many of the Frenchies, it was their first big Turkey meal of that sort, so it was fun to see them so excited.

Here’s britt with a Vietnamese girl we met

Turkey day #2 was on Thanksgiving day itself at the home of our friends Eric and Laura. They very graciously invited us over to eat with 3 missionaries and a colleague from work visiting from Rome. The food was AWESOME and I discovered that I had previously known one of the new missionaries, Elder Bezzant, at USAFA.

Our gracious hosts

Thanksgiving #3 was at the Hall’s house with just about all of the Americans from our ward (at least 20 people). We went there last year and somehow managed to sit in the exact same spots next to the same people as the year before! The party started pretty late due to a stake meeting, and so everyone was too tired to eat the pies Brittney had slaved away all day making! More for me…

Our host John and a whole lot of empty plates

Thanksgiving #4 was at our place, with Britt’s friend Ashley, our friend Heather and her boyfriend J.D., Britt’s Filipino friend Mario from her French class, and our new friend Naa whom we met at Thanksgiving #1. Britt made the turkey, mashed potatoes, and some pies…it was awesome (except for the dishes…I HATE dishes).

The complete feast

Mario’s first turkey experience. He was excited

The new dessert britt and I came up with: pie crust chips with pumpkin mousse dip. It was my brain-child and she made it happen.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Yummy turkey! Looks like you guys had fun. Who would have thought you would have such great food in France!

Ravid said...

Just glancing over your blog briefly, I've gotta say I am mega jealous. What fabulous adventures y'all are having over there! Way fun. Brittney, you only met us briefly at your reception but you may refer to us as the smallreds. :-) Feel free to check out our blog if you like.

Olivia said...

Um. Britt. No idea you had a blog but totally stoked I found it! Hope you're doing well!

Olivia said...

Also, I'm fiery hot with jealousy right now.