Sunday, February 22, 2009

Chopped



I finally did it! I couldn’t stand my hair anymore and I needed a change! Despite the pleadings of my husband I had made up my mind and I was chopping it off! This just so happen to be my first hair cut in France. Since I was going for a total style change I searched through several salons. I wanted someone who spoke English so that I could communicate exactly what I wanted and I also wanted to find a male hair stylist. In my experience they are much better! (My theory is that since they are the opposite gender they want you to look really good, whereas, a female hair stylist doesn’t really care as much. In fact, you are competition.) I finally settled on a small salon in our neighborhood. Boy was I surprised when Giovanni told me how he was going to cut my hair!

I made an appointment for early on a Saturday morning. Chris came with me (I think to use every last bit of time he had to talk me out of it). As I walked in I was greeted by Giovanni and his dog, Rico. I began telling him how that I wanted it cut and was surprised as he and the other two old guys waiting to get their haircuts as well pleaded with me to not go through with it! I couldn’t believe it! After much convincing of everyone in the Salon that it would grow back he finally started cutting. I brought a picture of what I thought that I wanted, but Giovanni wouldn’t have any part of it. He knew how he wanted it and that is how he was going to do whether I liked it or not. He brushed aside the picture I brought and went to work. I figured if he cared that much, it was probably more than I cared so I could just trust him to do it. So I settled down in the chair and let the Italian master do his job! After 20 minutes he stopped and asked if I liked it. I loved it and thought it looked great! But as he was fluffing my hair he decided it just wasn’t good enough and said, “Well I don’t!” and he began working again, and I continued to pat the top of Bruno’s head. Finally, after a 30 minutes was over, and this is how it turned out!

2 comments:

sarahflib said...

What is it with guys and long hair? I'm glad you didn't let Chris talk you out of it. Your new haircut is GORGEOUS. And so funny about Giovanni.

Anne said...

I love it! I just chopped my hair off too- but it wasn't as long as yours was.