
Normandy

Spencer and I on Omaha beach.

Dachau Concentration Camp

Beautiful Salzburg

Crystal is the one on the left
We were in Salzburg for only one night. We decided to stay at the Marriot in the city center. This was definitely one of our most eventful nights for 2 reasons: The first being that Chris told me that we had been assigned to Boston and second because of the hilarious experience that my Dad and Crystal had in the sauna of the hotel. So we arrived at the hotel in the early evening and everyone except Chris and I decided to go swimming. Well, my dad and Crystal decided that they would hit up the sauna before getting in the pool. They were the only people in the sauna until another guy decided to join them. Just before entering the sauna room my dad watched in horror (Crystal was oblivious at this time) as the guy washed off in the shower and took off all of his clothes until he was butt naked! (Keep in mind that we Americans are not used to this at all, and this was my family’s first time in Europe.) At this point my dad was praying that this guy was not going to come in, but sure enough he comes into the sauna. As if this wasn’t bad enough he comes in and sits right next to Crystal, lies down, bends his knees up and sits in such a way that Crystal has full view of his junk! After, he sat down and they said their embarrassing “hellos” they retreated quickly to the pool. I don’t know who it was worst for Crystal or my Dad?

This is my dad in front of his first mission apartment in Rosenheim, Germany. This was the first time that my dad has been back since his mission. It was a really neat experience to hear stories from his mission and seeing it all at the same time.

Rottenburg, Germany, where we visited the Christmas Museum, at the Medieval Torture Museum.




Items from the Medieval Torture Museum

My dad’s name is Frank.

Best schnitzel I have ever had!

Heidelburg Castle

Heidelburg view from the castle

Just thought this was a funny picture

On the bridge
More Pics from the trip:

Louvre

Versailles

Spencer posing as the statue

Seine river cruise

Spencer was freezing on the river cruise

Tour of the Ambassador’s Residence (I am a docent for the Residence and was able to give my family a private tour)



2 comments:
So fun that your family got to visit! I love Rothenburg--touristy, but also super, super charming.
Wow! I loved seeing all of these pictures! Your family looked like that had so much fun there. And wow have your siblings grown! Crazy Spencer is a lot bigger than I remember him and it doesnt even feel like that long ago!- Tana
Post a Comment